California 2015

After a very long gap, it was time to visit US on a solo trip. It was a 3 weeks trip with 2 weeks in California. The time flew in a blink, but when I look back today, I do have loads of memories to cherish.


The long US flight

I managed premium economy of Delta/KLM co-share and the long hours of the flight wasn't bad. I also manged to see Amsterdam (airport at least ;)) :)

This is how Canada looked from flight  :)

San Francisco Food Tour (May 14, 2015 )

This was one memorable tour that I did with my team as an offsite activity. Also, this was only time I had to see SF Google office and the city (once again). We did a food tour with Foodie Adventures. The guy (Chris) was amazing and took us through various food joints which I relished to the core. It was all about trying the best truffles at XoX truffles and hearing the owner's story about how he started this business, to eating at Z&Y restaurant (I cannot forget the taste of peanut flavor of tan-tan noodles) to getting introduced to Focaccia and coconut buns. It was all about eating and walking to different spots in SF. It was also special because I "resumed" chocolates on this day :)
Tan Tan Noodles.. *drools*


Mountain View Google Campus

I love building 47 and adjacent buildings. I cannot express my love for Charlie's cafe in Google campus and the building 40. I also spent lot of time in FRC campus (Fairchild) and managed a quick way to Bijli (outside of Badaal restaurant). The trip was 2 weeks long but I was disheartened to part on the last day.  Also, I managed to get a pic before the Google logo changed recently :)


Monterey Bay

My first US road trip which made me realize that roadtrips are not meant on Indian roads, and why roadtrips are awesome. The random stops at farmer's market,  Del Monte Beach, visit to Basilica , my first visit to an aquarium , Carmel restaurants , the Wharf and the stupendous 17-mile drive.
I can't believe we covered so much even when we had a laiback attitude and spent enough time to absorb a breathtaking view and click pictures to the heart's content :)

This pic doesn't justify the stupendous view of the 17 mile drive :)

Half Moon Bay 

It was a day's trip with a friend to ensure I strike it off from my wishlist in this California trip only. We went on a weekday evening and found it surprisingly quiet place without any crowd. The view was breathtaking and worth the drive. We ended the trip with an awesome dinner at Oren's Hummus shop at Palo Alto :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SNAKES & LADDERS!

Behind the frame..

Goosebumps & crankiness: Blame the food!